Monday, July 22, 2013

Chicken wrap buffet

There really should be more last-minute supper options. What's a procrastinator to do?

This little number is a favorite in our house (for now). I better be careful, though. Serve it too many times and it will become a dreaded meal.

My list of dreaded meals continues to grow. I find an easy recipe everyone loves and I can't help myself: it's all we eat for three weeks straight. Then no one will touch it for a few years.

It's my own fault.

This recipe is still a go at our house. See what your family thinks.

Just be careful! You could be walking a fine line here.

Chicken Wrap Buffet
(I didn't list quantities. It depends on how many to serve and their preferences.)

Ingredients:
Soft shell tortillas
Chicken, cooked and sliced/chopped (I cook frozen spicy patties--to get things done)
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Tomato, washed and chopped
Celery, washed and chopped
Onion, washed and chopped
Lettuce leaves, washed
Ranch dressing

Directions:
Place chicken and bacon on the edge of a tortilla.
Add a sprinkling of cheese.
Top with tomatoes, celery, onions and a bit of ranch dressing.
Put a lettuce leaf on top.
Roll tortilla tightly.

My guys can each eat three of these.

Here is how I like mine:
Some crushed tortilla chips would be good on top, I bet!

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. The next time I spend more time in my sewing room than the kitchen ... this is going to be a good plan ... might be tomorrow ... ;) Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supper has a tendency to sneak up on us when we're busy having fun. Have a lovely day!

      Delete