Friday, August 2, 2013

Corn on the cob in the microwave

I would rather make corn on the cob in the microwave than on the stove, especially when the burners are occupied with other things.

Microwave Corn on the Cob

Directions:
Husk and rinse 4 ears of corn.
Place corn in a microwave-safe baking dish.
  (no need to add water)
Cover. I use plastic wrap.
Microwave on high for 7 to 10 minutes.

Notes:
For 2 ears: microwave 4 to 6 minutes.
For 6 ears: microwave 9 to 12 minutes.

For the photo above, I added butter and rosemary. 

Pretty isn't it?

We've grilled it, too, right in the husks.

How do you prepare corn on the cob?

2 comments:

  1. We had our first ears from the garden tonight. Next time I will try the microwave, And the rosemary/butter route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...I envy you! Corn from your own garden--yum! Have a lovely day.

      Delete