Monday, August 5, 2013

Pork without much touching

This recipe works with pork chops and pork loin chops.

I use this recipe if the cut looks like this or is similar to it:
Pork Chops

Ingredients:
8 pork loin or rib chops 
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup catsup 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place the pork in an ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
Salt the meat if you like (I don't do this anymore).
Stir together the onion, brown sugar and catsup.
Place a dollop of the mixture on each chop.
Cover with foil.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove foil.
Spoon some sauce (from the bottom of pan) over the chops.
Bake for another 30 minutes or until done.  

I like this recipe because I don't have to do anything with the meat ahead of time. You don't have to cut it, beat it with a mallet or watch baseball with it. 

Meat has cooties, but I'm sure you knew that.

Have a lovely day!

 

6 comments:

  1. If you have any trouble handling your meat, I'll be glad to handle it for you. I'm not sure when you'll get it back though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I'm sure you would loooove to take over meat duty, Bongo! You're so generous for offering! :)

      Delete
  2. this looks simple and delicious, I have to try this! I love pork chops :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Checked out your blog. You've got great style!! Have a lovely day. :)

      Delete
  3. This looks great! I'll have to try it sometime. I feel ya on the touching meat - I hate it! I will do anything to avoid touching it. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Raw meat is so gross. Have a great day!

      Delete